The Urban Land Institute Minnesota (ULI MN) recently released a new local government tool called Reinvesting in the Region - (Re)Development-Ready Guide. The guide provides suggested land use and development policies and strategies to position cities to effectively attract investment, grow jobs, and build the tax base for the well-being of the region.
Based on best practices, the (Re)Development-Ready Guide outlines a proactive approach to development by providing clarity, transparency, collaboration and efficiency to support thriving, sustainable communities essential to remaining competitive in a new economy, with a particular emphasis on partnering with the private sector. The guide was prepared as part of the Reinvesting in the Region action plan with input from the ULI MN/RCM Connecting Transportation and Land Use Systems and Housing Initiative Advisory Committees and in partnership with the Regional Council of Mayors and their city staff. Visit www.minnesota.uli.org or download the PDF.
- Member Profile: Steve Bubul
- DEED to Award $3 Million in Redevelopment Grants
- Reinvesting in the Region – Redevelopment-Ready Guide
- State Awards Elk River $250,000 to Assist in Opening up New Lots for Development
- Landform Welcomes New Staff
- Minnesota’s Angel Tax Credit Program Celebrates its Second Anniversary
- Burnsville Businesses Say, “I Love Burnsville”
- ReScape Call for Applications Open
- Minnesota Economic Development Foundation (MNEDF): Summer Update
- Economic Optimism Blunted by Workforce Shortage
- State Exports Post Record First Quarter