After unprecedented enrollment in the Upper Midwest Basic Economic Development Course the past 2 years, the MN Economic Development Foundation is committed to keeping up the momentum for excellence in economic development in Minnesota! The Foundation is offering 50% scholarships to Minnesota economic development professionals for the two- and three-day professional development courses offered by the International Economic Development Council. The courses are virtual in 2021, so there is no need to worry about travel or travel-related costs.
The courses include all Core and Elective Courses needed for the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) certification and the new Entrepreneurship-Led Economic Development certification.
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Economic Development Credit Analysis
- Real Estate Development and Reuse
- Economic Development Finance
- Economic Development Marketing and Attraction
- Economic Development Strategic Planning
- Foreign Direct Investment and Exporting
- Managing Economic Development Organizations
- Neighborhood Development Strategies
- Technology-Led Economic Development
- Workforce Development Strategies
- Entrepreneurial and Small Business Development Strategies
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship-Led Economic Development (ELEDI)
- Accelerating Growth through Entrepreneurship-Led Economic Development (ELEDII)
Register using this fillable PDF form
from the International Economic Development Council
- be sure to select the scholarship pricing
. Email the form to Katie Krieger at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You will automatically receive the early IEDC member rate ($505 for a two-day course and $615 for a three-day course), which will be discounted by 50%. You will be responsible for $252.50 for a two-day course or $307.50 for a three-day course.