Wednesday, March 15
We are excited bring back the in-person Day at the Capitol event in 2023! Join us for education, networking, and a chance to meet with legislators.
No prior legislative or political experience necessary - this is a great way to learn more about the advocacy process and get more comfortable at the Capitol. We encourage you to invite your board chair, supervisor, colleagues, or elected officials to join you!
(Specifics subject to change)
8:30-9:00 am *
Capitol 317B– Arrive, get settled & network
9:15-10:00 am, Capitol Room 317B – Prepare
- Go over the flow of the day and lunch logistics
- Prepare for meetings by reviewing EDAM’s priorities and brainstorm which in the field experiences to share.
10:15-10:25 am, Capitol Room 317B – Opening Speaker
- Speaker Senate Jobs Chair Champion addresses whole group
10:30 am - 12:00 pm – State Office Building Room 10 (Ground Floor) – House Economic Development Committee
- Hearing on Redevelopment Funding Increase bill HF1290. See EDAM testifiers and observe the committee if you are not scheduled with other legislators.
12:45 pm – State Office Building 400N (Right out across from Elevator Banks) –Whole group meeting
- House Economic Development Chair Hassan (if you are not scheduled with individual legislators)
Lunch as your schedule allows –Department of Transportation Cafeteria
We will have a few tables reserved in the far northeast corner of the Cafeteria
11:00 am - 3:00 pm – Small group meetings with legislators*
-You can use the Department of Transportation lunch tables as a homebase in between meetings if you’d like, or you can explore other committee meetings (Senate Jobs Committee meets from 12:30 - 2:30 pm in Senate Building Room 1100)
- No formal closing
*EDAM lobbyists will help schedule legislative meetings for participants.
There is no cost to attend, but participants must pre-register.
Capitol Complex Parking Map - We recommend parking in lot AA.
This address for the church directly across from lot AA can be plugged into GPS for directions: 441 Rice Street, St. Paul, MN 55103