EDAM champions economic development through education, collaboration and advocacy.
Core Values & Guiding Principles:
EDAM members are innovative, expert, non-partisan, multi-disciplinary, mentors, community focused, relationship driven, results oriented, and supportive.
EDAM is a professional association of individuals and organizations throughout the state of Minnesota who share this mission. We pursue our mission by providing economic development professionals a forum for exchanging information and staying abreast of current economic development strategies and practices and by providing them with valuable networking and educational opportunities. EDAM members are leading economic developers in the state of Minnesota. EDAM consults with the state on public policy issues related to economic development, and helps continually define and improve the profession.
EDAM's strategic goals support our commitment to enhance the economic development community through:
- Providing high quality education
- Enhancing & diversifying membership
- Strengthening & aligning partnerships
- Improving legislative advocacy effectiveness
- Delivering high quality conferences & networking opportunities
- Effectively marketing & communicating to members and target audiences
- Focusing on being financially responsible & administratively organized