This course has reached capacity. To be added to the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course will meet live online, and incorporate networking opportunities and in-person tours.
This course provides intensive training in the basic concepts, methods and strategies of local economic development. It is designed for those new to the field, as well as those seeking to deepen their knowledge and skills. A diverse and experienced faculty provide a blend of theory and practice.
Participants will study the core building blocks of economic development, including:
- Business Retention & Expansion
- Finance for Economic Development
- Marketing & Business Attraction
- Strategic Planning
- Community and Neighborhood Revitalization
- Real Estate Redevelopment and Reuse
- Workforce Development
- Infrastructure and utilities
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Managing Economic Development Organizations
The course is accredited by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC)
. Graduation from the BEDC fulfills one of the prerequisites for those who wish to pursue the Certified Economic Developer designation (CEcD) through lEDC. For more information on IEDC and certification, visit www.iedconline.org