The course has reached capacity. Please contact us at email@example.com to be added to the waiting list.
This course will meet in-person for 3 days and virtually for 2 days. Students must attend BOTH the in-person and virtual portions to receive credit for the course.
In-person: October 19-21, 2022 at Great River Energy Headquarters, 12300 Elm Creek Blvd N, Maple Grove, MN 55369
Virtual: October 31 & November 3, 2022
This course provides intensive training in the basic concepts, methods and strategies of local economic development. It is designed for those new to the field, as well as those seeking to deepen their knowledge and skills. A diverse and experienced faculty provide a blend of theory and practice.
Participants will study the core building blocks of economic development, including:
- Business Retention & Expansion
- Finance for Economic Development
- Marketing & Business Attraction
- Strategic Planning
- Community and Neighborhood Revitalization
- Real Estate Redevelopment and Reuse
- Workforce Development
- Infrastructure and Utilities
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Managing Economic Development Organizations
- Housing, Childcare & Broadband
The course is accredited by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC)
. Graduation from the BEDC fulfills one of the prerequisites for those who wish to pursue the Certified Economic Developer designation (CEcD) through lEDC. For more information on IEDC and certification, visit www.iedconline.org
. Phone number: (202) 223-7800