Request For Proposals: Conference Sessions
Session Submission Deadline: November 12, 2021
January 26-28, 2022
Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, Bloomington, MN
June 1-3, 2022
Grand View Lodge, Nisswa, MN
We will continue to monitor Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Minnesota Health Department guidance as it relates to COVID-19 and best practices to promote health and safety. Depending on the status of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the EDAM Board of Directors reserves the right to shift the conferences to a virtual platform. Session submitters should be prepared to provide their session either in person or virtually. EDAM has recently held both virtual and in-person conferences and anticipates a successful conference in either setting.
It’s expected that proposed sessions would consist of approximately 45 minutes of presentation followed by 15 minutes of open question & answer.
We are seeking sessions that focus on or incorporate the following themes, in addition to other topics presenters think would be of interest to the EDAM audience. Proposed sessions must be able to be presented either in-person or virtually (webinar format).
- Speed Round - EDAM is looking for 10 presenters to join our speed round, in which each person will have 5 minutes to share something noteworthy happening in their community.
- Federal American Rescue Plan (ARP) and state responses: Programs and assistance that mattered most
- Inspiring or positive responses to the pandemic and related challenges; community innovation
- Business roundtable – Discussion on supply chain and forecasted relief
- Resilience and adjustments as economic development strategy
- Regional and local economies post-COVID: What matters for economic competitiveness?
- Building community through economic development marketing and attraction
- Strategies for advancing equity, economic mobility, and inclusive prosperity
- Recreation as driver for economic development
- Economic development ethics
- Real estate development and re-use
- Entrepreneurial and small business development strategies
- Innovative efforts for filling vacant storefronts
- Out of the box ideas – what are we missing? We want to hear from you!