Nominate Now! Submissions must be received by November 21, 2023
Take a few minutes to nominate a colleague for the great work they've done this past year! Categories include:
- Innovation Award: The Innovation Award recognizes a creative solution to an economic development challenge, awarded to a community, county, organization, or a collaborative team. It could include any or all of the following:
- Programs or initiatives that focus on business attraction, talent attraction or retention, business retention and expansion, financing, entrepreneurship, technology or other economic development initiatives.
- Successful partnerships that demonstrate the strength of working together as a collective whole.
- Creativity, effective communication and impeccable execution of an economic development marketing initiative.
- Project of the Year: The Project of the Year Award recognizes a community, organization, or team of individuals who have worked to complete a project that has had a positive impact in the State of Minnesota in the past year. This project will demonstrate collaboration, creativity, and complexity. The project will have created or retained employment and capital investment.
- Economic Developer of the Year: The Economic Developer of the Year recognizes a true leader in the industry from the past year. This person exemplifies excellence in economic development and leadership. This award is intended for a professional who utilizes best practices, collaborative thinking, creativity and a spirit of innovation.
- Emerging Professional of the Year: The Emerging Professional Award acknowledges outstanding achievement by an emerging leader in the economic development industry. This individual shows promising leadership skills and positively impacts their organization, community, and/or region through economic development. This person should have less than five years of experience in the industry.
All nominations must be received by Tuesday, November 21, 2023. Award recipients will be recognized at the EDAM Winter Conference in January 2024.